Thursday, April 18, 2013

Where do you want to go?

This is probably a question I ask myself far too often! Why can I not be satisfied to plod along where I am? Instead, always be looking to improve, do more, become more?

Interesting thoughts most of the time but at other times I frustrate myself, become confused and end up berating myself! I'm just over half way through my BIFM diploma and yet for ages I've been thinking about what I might want to do next.  I'm taking on more responsibility at work, developing my skills through what I do, wanting to grow, wanting to be better.

So, what do you want to do? Where do you want your career to go? I know I'm not alone in admitting I "fell into facilities management" and yet looking back I can see bits of FM in previous jobs which I perhaps took on without even realising what it was.  I really enjoy my job (most of the time!) but yet can't help but wonder where is it heading?  What's the next step?




No comments:

Post a Comment